Cardiff is famous for its many universities and that is one major reason for it receiving several visitors, who come to take education and settle down here. Due to the city undergoing a lot of change in the past decade, the city has seen a lot of movement of people from outside the city and from elsewhere in the United Kingdom making their base here in search of better job opportunities.
Though Cardiff remains a safe place, it is necessary to observe certain precautions when dating in Cardiff and those are mentioned below. These precautions may appear specific to Cardiff, but may be observed as general precautions at other places as well while dating.
1. You must meet your date at crowded places like the city center or bars and avoid isolated places.
2. Do not agree to meet up with your date at your house the very first time as it gives you an escape route if you decide not to meet with that person again.
3. Do not part with your residence landline and stick to the mobile number.
4. Get to a common spot for getting picked up and do not agree to a lift from outside your house. This way you ensure that your date is kept unaware of your house and you cannot be harassed in future just in case you do not fancy the guy.
5. Do not get into any obligation and insist on paying for your own ticket if you meet at the cinema. The same rule applies if you meet at a bar. Pay for your drink and ensure that you do not leave your drink unattended.